Bashful Bud

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should be fine if you are only going for a few days.
It looks like at least 10-14 days before it opens.
“I’m feelin’ some good vibrations”
“I’m feelin’ some excitations”
Courtesy of the Beach Boys

I looked up photos because I'm a huge P. helenae fan, and I have to say I really like the flowers on this hybrid. Particularly the vini form listed on OrchidWeb. The pricing is a bit high for my taste, but it's not as ridiculous as I was expecting given the source.

I'm assuming this is the vini form, right? Not the coloratum? Both are nice, of course.

I looked up photos because I'm a huge P. helenae fan, and I have to say I really like the flowers on this hybrid. Particularly the vini form listed on OrchidWeb. The pricing is a bit high for my taste, but it's not as ridiculous as I was expecting given the source.

I'm assuming this is the vini form, right? Not the coloratum? Both are nice, of course.
Yes, it's the vini! I was lucky enough to get it on a slight sale when it was also listed lower. It was still like $40 I think though.
I am also a huge helenae fan. I can't believe I don't have one yet and had to skip Paph Paradise's most recent offering.

I can't picture this helenae hybrid...but it is OL cross, so the flower should be great! (most of the time anyway based on my experience with them, a little bit expensive tho). Good luck!

I love the color but I am not sure about the overall flower form. Just my own taste here.

Anticipation is part of the allure, no? But even the bud is charming, with the almost black sheath/calyx (need to learn my terminology), little hairs, and veining.

Latest posts

Back