Bulbophyllum Medusae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malipoense

Reaction score
I found this little gem at my local orchid society meeting today, it was in bloom and at a cheap price, so I bought it! I think it's the 'miami' clone because of the speckles on the flowers. It's so frilly and cute! I have read about medusae care before and I know about temperatures, but not very sure about watering. Keeping it moist is a must, but not soggy. How many times should I water in a week, and should I let it dry out between waterings?

Attachments

• 20241012_171243.jpg
    20241012_171243.jpg
    3.6 MB
  • 20241012_171358.jpg
    20241012_171358.jpg
    1.8 MB
  • 20241012_171227.jpg
    20241012_171227.jpg
    4 MB
  • 20241012_171653.jpg
    20241012_171653.jpg
    3.3 MB
Honestly I haven't figured this one out. I initially dropped 3 leaves. Then put out 4. However then the leaves turned yellow under grow lights so I moved it. It is a semi lage clump and has not bloomed. Yours is nice 👌. It kinda concerts me that it is only one growth. If it seems to have good roots leave the flower. However if it seems like it is not doing well or taking to much energy you may want to cut the flower. Im not sure how long they last so maybe just leave it.

Honestly I haven't figured this one out. I initially dropped 3 leaves. Then put out 4. However then the leaves turned yellow under grow lights so I moved it. It is a semi lage clump and has not bloomed. Yours is nice 👌. It kinda concerts me that it is only one growth. If it seems to have good roots leave the flower. However if it seems like it is not doing well or taking to much energy you may want to cut the flower. Im not sure how long they last so maybe just leave it.
I was concerned that it only had one bulb as well, but I saw that there were lots of healthy roots underneath the medium, as well as one root tip sticking out from the bottom of the pot, so I think it will be fine. The flower has died today as a matter of fact. I hope your medusae will thrive soon enough and bloom for you!

Latest posts

Back