How Do I Attach a Photo To A Post?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jpari

Reaction score
Hi Folks. I have been trying to attach a photo to a post, and have had no success. I have tried clicking on "Attach Files" below and my photos come up on the screen but, I cannot click on any of them and attach them to my post. I sure can use any help that you can provide.

Hello! Here's how I do it on a phone. A computer may be different. Ignore the ads popping up on some of my screenshots.
"Attach files" button at the bottom of the text box, which you are aware of:
Screenshot_20240628_224304_Chrome~2.jpg
Once you choose your photo, wait for it to load all the way.
Screenshot_20240628_224346_Chrome.jpg
The photo is now fully loaded and visible and you can click/poke "Insert" in the photo's top left corner. I always do "Full Image" so it's bigger.
Screenshot_20240628_224404_Chrome~2.jpg
Screenshot_20240628_224409_Chrome~2.jpg
The image is now nested in your post, wherever your cursor was.
Screenshot_20240628_224731_Chrome.jpg
That last insertion step is technically not 100% necessary to Attach a photo to a post. It will still show up as a clickable thumbnail at the bottom of the post once published (I think?), but people may not see it, so it's better to insert it in the post which is what most people do.

I have had an issue lately that may just be my internet, but sometimes a photo I'm trying to attach won't upload all the way and will be gray instead of a thumbnail at the bottom. When that happens, I am unable to click on it to insert it. I just delete that attachment and try again, sometimes several times. I'm not totally sure why that happens, I will have several load just fine and then one I have to fiddle with.

I hope that helps!

Latest posts

Back