I m so excited #2

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 48106Yes, and works but there are few things need to be careful about rockwool. My experience that rw can dry out fast but can take up a lot of water suddenly. Because of that salt cc can build up fast in the rw and because of that cc of outflowing water should be controlled regulary, i do that once per month. If it is higher than 500 uS/cm, i change to rain water, till outflow water drops down to 100 uS. I started with 400 uS fertilizer but i decreased it to 200 uS . Roots of one of my viet after 3 months in rw.
I use about 1000 uS/cm, and my roots are very alive. There is an adjustment period though if the plant came from a bark media.
But the reading you get from that test is at least 50% diluted.
I changed my process to soaking for about an hour before making a reading.

I use about 1000 uS/cm, and my roots are very alive. There is an adjustment period though if the plant came from a bark media.
But the reading you get from that test is at least 50% diluted.
I changed my process to soaking for about an hour before making a reading.
As you nicely point out it is not so much the exact number (µS/cm) that is decisive but what the solution is made up of. I always like to take such an opportunity to post the following blog article (I only refer to the first paragraph about the salt rinsing): https://www.paphs.de/en/culture/theory-und-practice-part-2

Latest posts

Back