• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted Paph. charlesworthii and Paph. fairrieanum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom-DE

Reaction score
I am looking for a good clone/good cross of Paph. charlesworthii and Paph. fairrieanum.
I can buy them for a fair price, especially if you give me "boomer" discount...LOL, I love that word.
I also would work on a fair trade as well if that is your thing too. Send me PM. Thank you.
If you have bought a good clone from a commercial grower in recent years, I would like to know the cross and the source as well.

Last edited:
A word of wisdom for trade or sale--Don't send people plants that you would not be happy to receive. Sick plants should stay home!

I will never send you sick plants, so please don't send me sick plants like these that I received through a shitty trade a couple of months ago:

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    64.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
According to the website, PP has none available now...HG might just have the charlesworthii and I can't afford that huge shipping charge for just one or two plants tho.. Thank you both for the info.

I just wait for someone here to come around and feel sorry for the boomer🤣

I'm raising a very nice flask of fairrieanum from Papa Paradise now, but it will be a year before I have spares, Boomer.
I'll take handout anytime...I am poor and I have no pride🤣

Tim Culbertson has Paphiopedilum charlesworthii. I just bought one from him: $30. Shiping for 4 plants was like $15. It was a multi growth plant. However to me it seemed quite small for nbs. I've never seen the actual plant or flower so maybe it is a small plant. I'll send a picture tomorrow.

A word of wisdom for trade or sale--Don't send people plants that you would not be happy to receive. Sick plants should stay home!

I will never send you sick plants, so please don't send me sick plants like these that I received through a shitty trade a couple of months ago:
Dam that is pathetic 😒. However if you are a good grower you could easily save them 🤣🤣🤣. All jokes aside that is not right and I'm sorry

I am looking for a good clone/good cross of Paph. charlesworthii and Paph. fairrieanum.
I can buy them for a fair price, especially if you give me "boomer" discount...LOL, I love that word.
I also would work on a fair trade as well if that is your thing too. Send me PM. Thank you.
If you have bought a good clone from a commercial grower in recent years, I would like to know the cross and the source as well.
Hahaha 😆 😂 the boomer term is catching on with you. I also love that word.

Ps. Are you looking for the two plants separately or a cross/ hybrid of them?

Hahaha 😆 😂 the boomer term is catching on with you. I also love that word.

Ps. Are you looking for the two plants separately or a cross/ hybrid of them?
This boomer prefers species...so you can send me your charlesworthii or farrieanum🤣 and I send you those two "nice" hybrids(yes, they are still alive).

Last edited:
Tim Culbertson has Paphiopedilum charlesworthii. I just bought one from him: $30. Shiping for 4 plants was like $15. It was a multi growth plant. However to me it seemed quite small for nbs. I've never seen the actual plant or flower so maybe it is a small plant. I'll send a picture tomorrow.
P. charlesworthii is a small species, a multigrowth plant(BS normally at that stage) for $30 is a steal. Show me a photo of it if you can. I would like to have his plant list and contact info too. I know nothing about him... Is he a good breeder (with good results) or just a retail seller?

Last edited:
Tim is an excellent breeder, and he does retail sales also. His lists often tell you the source of the plants which is a really nice add. At least the last list I saw had that detail. Here is his instagram page with samples of his work: https://www.instagram.com/twculber/?hl=en Tim definitely knows orchids and knows what he is doing and is more than a pass through seller. He does some breeding work at Sunset Valley Orchids too.

Eventually, I will have fairrieanum available. I am waiting for some seedlings to start blooming. So, I am not sure if that will be this year or next.

Tom also check out SVO for fairreanum. Fred is line breeding them. so although they may not be cutting edge quality as Theresa's, they grow well and flower well...

and i'll second Tim for charlies' he has stock from Sam as well as others.. (i think he had some TON crosses as well..)

+1 contact tim! he has all the goodies and is so easy to work with. the parvis i received from him have the fattest, happiest roots i've ever seen.

I think it looks pretty good, Theo. It is a bs plant and $30 is a good deal. Thank you for the photo.

Latest posts

Back