Paphiopedilum Johanna Burkhardt 'Rajani' FCC/AOC

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!

I should be seeing Leo x Ace blooming for the first time in the coming months, so excited!

Excellent. Are you growing out a flask or just have an individual plant? I assume you saw Brad say he has had 3 plants from this cross get an AM. So your chances of getting a nice one is good.

Well done, what an improvement from its AM flowering.

You reminded me of one thing I meant to mention. Despite having an extra flower, the spike length was 25 cm shorter than when it received an AM. In this flowering, I grew it much brighter which resulted in a much shorter and stronger spike. As a result, it barely needed staking other than down low to stop the spike leaning forward (see last photo). When it first flowered, the spike was so tall and spindly, it could not hold the weight of the flowers.

Last edited:
Excellent. Are you growing out a flask or just have an individual plant? I assume you saw Brad say he has had 3 plants from this cross get an AM. So your chances of getting a nice one is good.

I grew out a flask.. Have about 8 plants and should see the first spike this season.

I am several years behind everyone else blooming these.

Latest posts

Back