Phal with problem

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IvoPhal

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In mine humble collection has arrived a Phal potted in moss, after repotting I noticed some problem (pls, see the picture). Any advice are welcomed, treatment with sangre de Drago ?
IMG_0548.jpeg

I am sorry but I don’t see a problem. That is just what my Phalaes look like.

I have 2 other thoughts though. I would never pot a Phalaenopsis of mine that high above the media. The area shown is where the new roots would come from. Being high up above the media, those roots are exposed to all kinds of problems. Bush snails, slugs, pill bugs, love to attack tender root tips.
I noticed you have rather large pieces of bark in the mix or media. I am assuming that the plant came that way. Just keep up a proper watering schedule.
Congratulations and enjoy!!!

Thank you for your support and for advice.
Actually I made this repot , bark and clay, I was thinking to add some sphagnum moss at the top, just to much stress during reporting:)
thankfully to your post I’ll do it!

It is always a concern for new orchid growers. They can be more forgiving with your care then you think.
Back when I started years ago, I was scared to try a repot. Scared I would kill it. But I tried and did another and another and my fear went away.
But you’ll be fine. Every one will be a learning experience.

Latest posts

Back