Ren. vietnamensis x Neo. falcata

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got this little guy from Peter T. Lin of DiamondOrchids. It's nice to see the Vandas I have are managing the god awful heat here (upwards of 100 degrees Fahrenheit) fine as long as they're in enough shade and get watered well.

It bloomed while I was away on vacation, so it was nice to come back to!

Clear influence of Ren. vietnamensis in the flowers. Looks great! I would almost want to cross it back with Neo. falcata 'Yuubae' (well, 'Yuubae' is not 100% Neo. falcata) in the future, but with my luck it would just lead to regular Neo. falcata 'Kibana' yellow flowers. Not fragrant, but lovely flower to look at nonetheless.

View attachment f40995bf-582f-4aa3-9667-c6e69740c513.jpg
View attachment 2dc68b01-036d-42e0-ada8-e69d6f322b4f.jpg
View attachment eae6fc8f-894d-4370-8b48-2427bfeac1d1.jpg
View attachment abaaf3a0-091d-47b2-9eff-a328f5179321.jpg

It's cute. I saw these for sale from Peter, but I assumed they wouldn't be fragrant (or only very faintly so) which is one reason I resisted. Still a very neat little cross with lovely flowers.

It's cute. I saw these for sale from Peter, but I assumed they wouldn't be fragrant (or only very faintly so) which is one reason I resisted. Still a very neat little cross with lovely flowers.
Yea, it's not fragrant, which is a little bit of a bummer. I don't actually know if any Renanthera species are fragrant.

Latest posts

Back