Rhyncholaelia digbyana

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It doesn’t have a back or front because it is growing around the mount. Divisions can be made of course but it will be so sad. It has been growing on the same mount for ten years.

If the plant is surrounding the mount, am I safe in assuming that you have it suspended somehow? In artificial growing conditions, a mount isn't really needed, but is more a convenience. Just run a wire hook through the plant, catching the rhizome, should be just fine...

If the plant is surrounding the mount, am I safe in assuming that you have it suspended somehow? In artificial growing conditions, a mount isn't really needed, but is more a convenience. Just run a wire hook through the plant, catching the rhizome, should be just fine...
I mounted it on a piece of grape vine in 2014. Maybe you can grow some plants without mounting them on something if you have a greenhouse or live in Florida. Neither applies to me though.

WOW ... what a great show are the both of them ... the big clump of a plant and the pretty flowers. I haven't seen such a specimen plant of R.digbyana ever before. Congrats !

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back