species

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete

Reaction score
Here is Cattleya iricolor-i have had a hell of a hard time growing this thing. ive finally coaxed it in to blooming the past couple years by always keeping the media very fresh.

IMG_2464.jpg

This is a great true miniature, Renanthera monachica

IMG_2474.jpg

And finally, Bulbophyllum grandiflorum

IMG_2489.jpg

The Catt is amazing and I am thinking of getting a Ren. monachica in the future!!! The bulbo is gorgeous!

the more I see bulbo grandiflorum, the higher it goes up the wish list... :p Stop tempting me!!

As a Bulbo grower myself, I can attest that your life is incomplete without one Paphioboy:poke:

Pete Is your word choice "finally" because it was the last picture, or because you've been waiting for a long time for it to bloom?

Mine can definitely where on your patience. It can skip to or 3 years, and then bloom for 6 months. Then it grows like crazy and covers up a 10" basket in no time.

What does your iricolor smell like.

I once transported one to a show, and to me it was as bad as a rank bulbo.

Like a locker room.

very nice all, but the iricolor is a very special catt bloom(as Tom mentioned already)!!! What size are the iricolor blooms and the plant? Thanks! Jean

Rick-finally because it was the last photo. the plant blooms regularly. As for the iricolor smell it was a little bad but not so much, the flowers are just starting to decline and maybe have lost their "scent" a bit.
Jean- plant and flowers are both very small. plant is probly 20 cm and flower NS might be 7 cm?
Eric- the monachica is one of the smallest miniatures I have. the plant right now that is blooming is probably less that 2" tall.
Paphio-too bad I cannot ship internationally at the moment as I have a huge clump of B. grandiflorum that I am about to post for sale....

The monachica is very nice. I've been looking for one of these. Anyone know where I can find a blooming size plant?

I really like the Renanthera monachica

And the Bulbo is very nice because of it's odd flower shape.

Thanks for sharing!

Latest posts

Back