Team soup container?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you?????

• Hate team soup container

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • If you chose the third option you've been warned 😉

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
definitely a soup container guy here - I have noticed that the clear pots for orchids you buy off of say Amazon are ridiculously expensive now and they become brittle very fast. I had an orchid that I planted in a new clear orchid pot that I had to do an emergency re-pot 7 months later that has never been outside only under lights and the pot was so brittle it broke apart while un-potting the orchid. Apparently they have it timed so you will not be able to re-use them thus having to buy new ones every re-pot. The soup containers are much more sturdy and can be used over and over with a very good cleaning.

A few months ago I bought a ton of these off amazon in various sizes, as I moved most of my phrags to the "PET" method often used for catasetums. holes about 1-2" from the bottom, so a built in reservoir of sorts. The growth has been tremendous and many things are showing signs of spiking. I had resisted (foolishly) giving them wet feet, and at least for my conditions this is making all the difference. The reason I didn't simply use saucers is that I have a crowded bench, and saucers would 1. limit my plant room and 2. fly around

A few months ago I bought a ton of these off amazon in various sizes, as I moved most of my phrags to the "PET" method often used for catasetums. holes about 1-2" from the bottom, so a built in reservoir of sorts. The growth has been tremendous and many things are showing signs of spiking. I had resisted (foolishly) giving them wet feet, and at least for my conditions this is making all the difference. The reason I didn't simply use saucers is that I have a crowded bench, and saucers would 1. limit my plant room and 2. fly around
Flying saucers are a big problem these days!

I recycle my short deli/ice cream/cookie containers, anything that comes in a shallow clear plastic container. I don't plant in them, I put distilled water in them and then place my carnivorous plants in them, or fill them with gravel, put some water in, then stand small orchids that need more humidity in them. This method helped me finally flower my bulbophyllum electrinum!

Latest posts

Back