Ho Chi Minh

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We also have a HCM in bloom (1st bloom, two sequential flowers) and I do have to say, they have been very short lived. They are very large, competing with the FCC quality AOS awards, but they really only have a lifespan of 7-10 days, (5 days at most before they begin to brown). They are inside with air conditioning which may be drying them out a bit, but I am wondering from the comments above if the short lifespan of the vietnamense, "can be passed on," or is a given? Has anyone ever tried to line-breed these and see if they can get flower lifetimes up to several weeks?

We also have a HCM in bloom (1st bloom, two sequential flowers) and I do have to say, they have been very short lived. They are very large, competing with the FCC quality AOS awards, but they really only have a lifespan of 7-10 days, (5 days at most before they begin to brown). They are inside with air conditioning which may be drying them out a bit, but I am wondering from the comments above if the short lifespan of the vietnamense, "can be passed on," or is a given? Has anyone ever tried to line-breed these and see if they can get flower lifetimes up to several weeks?

Back