Orchids 2024

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Proportionally, it is a bit out. The petals are very long relative to the rest of the flower. Never going to be awarded. But I still like it. It looks different. It is a unique looking roth. A keeper in my eyes.

Oh it's definitely a keeper. And a very beautiful roth. Just pointing out that for all the reasons cited above there are a few elements that would take it down a notch in the context of judging standards.

Beautiful roth! The narrowness doesn't bother me at all. Great color and good balance between the dorsal and synsepal. Congrats!

A nice little bessae I keep around. :)

This plant is in bloom 365 days a year. This is the 15th flower on the current inflorescence, and another spike is also starting.

Possibly the easiest plant to grow in my collection. It just sits in a shallow tray of water. Small plant. Non-climbing habit.

I really like it.

bessae 2024 - Copy.jpg

A nice little bessae I keep around. :)

This plant is in bloom 365 days a year. This is the 15th flower on the current inflorescence, and another spike is also starting.

Possibly the easiest plant to grow in my collection. It just sits in a shallow tray of water. Small plant. Non-climbing habit.

I really like it.

View attachment 47335
Did you go out of your way to get a non-climber, or did you get lucky?
Would love to see the whole plant!

.......This is the 15th flower on the current inflorescence, and another spike is also starting.
This is extraordinary and the flower looks also great.
Final look at roth Charles E for the season.
Another lovely roth ... it's a pity in my eyes that their flower season is over in your greenhouse ... will miss these lovely flowers

Here is a first bloom Paph stonei 'TN Queen' x self. There are 3 open flowers, but there is a fourth bud that will open later.

I grew this from a 2cm plantlet out of flask18 YEARS AGO. There were many cultural bumps and bruises along the way, but I am happy to finally see it in bloom!

paph stonei 2024 - Copy.jpg

stonei plant - Copy.jpg

Here is its next biggest sib. This one has nice glossy leaves, and is also getting ready to spike at the next opportunity.
stonei sib - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Great P. stonei, Justin ... and Kudos to you patience ... but I'm honest, I own few Paphs. too where I'm not so sure whether I will see them flowering in my lifetime. But hope dies last.

……There were many cultural bumps and bruises along the way, but I am happy to finally see it in bloom!
Love this flower.

Even more so….

Misery loves company on the ‘cultural bumps in the road’ comment…

So many times I’m blooming out a grex that I’ve had from flask or initial offering. Well after others have had 3 flowerings in their plants. All because of those bumps….

:).

Hi five to being human!!!! And willing to admit it….

These plants certainly teach patience. Congrats, any blooming stonei is a wonderful stonei!

Space is my big issue for multis...and I enjoy yours very much, Justin. Do you have the compact lowii too? I heard about it here and I saw one for sale on OL website the other day but I don't know how compact is compact...the new mini/compact roth someone posted here not that long ago was truly fantastic, maybe the mini lowii would be great too.

Latest posts

Back