stonei

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very pretty. Is the pale lip expected based on the parentage here? It's such a beautiful species. Do you have any tips/comments on culture?
Thanks, i have no idea about parentage. I got it from vietnam. I keep it in grodan rockwool, I give 20/20/20 +TE+12 CaO+3MgO fertilizer, 400 uS/cm every time, set pH around 5,8, but i check the EC of outflowing water, if it is higher, than 500 uS, I give only pure rain water till EC drops to 200 uS.

Thanks, i have no idea about parentage. I got it from vietnam. I keep it in grodan rockwool, I give 20/20/20 +TE+12 CaO+3MgO fertilizer, 400 uS/cm every time, set pH around 5,8, but i check the EC of outflowing water, if it is higher, than 500 uS, I give only pure rain water till EC drops to 200 uS.
You seem to have a lot of leaves with sunken, brown spots. I've only ever had this when I've watered with pure RO water (either intentionally or accidentally). I just remembered since you mentioned only watering with it until the EC drops to 200 µS.

I don't want to claim that this is the cause or one of the causes. Just that I have observed it with my plants. Maybe only pure coincidence. 'Roth' also mentions in his manual that you should not water without fertilizer. The idea is clear to me why you are doing it.

Back